Celebrate World Whisky Day with two made right here in Canberra! We’re so thrilled to have added dark spirits to our collection and we hope you will enjoy them on this cold weekend. Aged on the banks of Lake George in an old machinery shed, these whiskies are real local spirits.
Our Old George Reserve is aged in ex Pedro Ximinez casks with beautiful spiced plum aromas.
Our Bourbon Cask, aged in ex Bourbon casks, offers mellow sweetness through oak and vanilla notes.
We recently entered our Old George Reserve Whisky in The American Distilling Institute's 2023 International Spirits Competition.
We are super excited to announce that it came away with a bronze medal!
MANDARIN OLD FASHIONED WITH HOT HONEY
One of last year’s foodie trends was hot honey – the spicy result of infusing warmed honey with fresh or dried chillies. Here it combines with the acidic sweetness of mandarin juice to create a special, wintery Old Fashioned, just in time for World Whisky Day. Try it with our Old George Reserve, made here in Canberra and aged just up the road in a shed by a lake… that isn’t always there.
INGREDIENTS (FOR X2)
- 100ml mandarin juice
- 50ml honey
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 dashes bitters
- 100ml Old George Reserve Whisky
- In a small saucepan gently warm the mandarin juice, honey and chilli flakes on low for two minutes. Do not allow to simmer. The flavours are infusing, not cooking.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain the mixture, reserving the liquid.
- To two whisky glasses, add ice, a dash of bitters and 50ml whisky each.
- Top with equal parts infused mandarin juice and stir.